I was going for a Jackie Kennedy look, but got more of a Jan Brady.

Pattern: Oliver and S School Photo Dress. I love this pattern. I think if I had used a better fabric (more on that below) I would really be in love with this dress. You can't tell, but it has a cool kangaroo pocket in the front and an invisible zipper in the back. B thinks it looks like the dress is on backwards- but that's coming from a man who just recently took his Doc Martens to the DI. And despite her facial expression in the picture, Miss A loves it.
Fabric: Cotton flannel from Joann. It was kind of a beast to work with. Not just because I needed to match the plaid at every (every!) seam, but it was ravely, loosely woven and easily distorted. I really need to pay more attention when fabric shopping. In other words, not shop with children.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I love it! It's darling. What do husbabnds know anyway....