Fall is on it's way!

I love fall. I love blue skies and crispy air. I love layered clothes for when the afternoon gets warm. I love it all.
Pattern: Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress. I love how different it looks from the spring version I made, you almost don't even notice it's the same pattern. This time, I didn't use the pockets or the neck notch.
Fabric: Plaid of questionable content from Joann. I cut the hem band and yoke on the bias for interest. I used a lightweight fusible interfacing to keep the bias cut pieces from distorting. In hind sight, I should have used an even lighter weight stabilizer. It looks pretty cute for being, in Miss A's words, "not pink and sparkly enough."

2 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Love it all, Hollie! The darling dress, the adorable model, the stinkin' cute boots, the beautiful backdrop...!

Megan said...

It's really sad that I find myself thinking "I would wear that" every time you post something you made for Miss A. Either she (you) has very mature taste, or I can't let go of my youth.