In Celebration of the Sun Making a Special Appearance

 Miss A is wearing a new Ice Cream dress. I hope it eventually stops snowing so she can get a lot of wear out of it. It's supposed to storm more this week, which is great as long as I can see snippets of sun and blue sky in between storms. Oh, and as long as there is time to take the kids to the park and soccer games without getting pelted with hail.
The fabrics: Barbara Jones for Quilt Soup Simply Sweet white with green dots. The yoke and borders are Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane.
For whatever reason, making this dress reminded me of my Grandma M. I'm not sure if it's because it's similarly styled to the house coats she always wore or because the floral print reminds me of the patio cushions she had on her outdoor furniture (but they were more avocado green and gold -weird that I would remember that after all these years). I think if Miss A wore this with a pair of Isotoners she would look exactly like Grandma. Then maybe she would make me a ham sandwich and we could watch "Murder She Wrote." I miss Grandma!

5 comments:

madebymum said...

this is so beautiful

Marcie said...

This looked SO CUTE on her. Great job as usual. I didn't even think about it looking like Grandma house coats until you mentioned it. Now I fell like playing a game of Rummicube.

Mike Adamick said...

This is adorable and the perfect print for that pattern. Add in the Isotoners, the ham sammich and the murder she wrote, and this is the best thing I've seen in a long, long time. Seriously, nice work on the dress -- super cute!

Chris and Michelle said...

That stinkin' cute dress does NOT like a grandma mumu, but you had me laughing with the grandma comments! My ('housecoat'-wearing)Grandma used to make me grilled cheese ham sandwiches too and we'd watch Murder She Wrote as well! (& then we'd play Rummikub and Skip Bo.) So funny! Thanks for the reminder of the memory. :)
You are one talented Mama! Great work! :)

MomMitchell said...

Sweet post about grandma M. Boy, I sure miss her too!! And yes, it does remind me of her house coats, she always wore them with shoes too. And my kids loved her ham sandwiches too, I could never make them like her. Once again, you are the most amazing sewing person I know. Let the SUN shine!!!