The thing about dresses and the over use of parentheses

Don't mind the popsicle stains (yes, she is holding her 3rd popsicle of the day), wrinkles or any remainder of her lunch that may be on her new dress. It was put to the test today at the playground. Miss A is happy to report that her new duds held up well on the slide, twirled just enough when pretending to be a princess and even served as a tissue to blow her nose when the spring allergies kicked in. Oh, the versatility of a good dress!
Pattern: Oliver + S Jump Rope Dress, my favorite pattern to date! And that's saying something because I love them all!
Fabric: Moda's Hunky Dory , it's a busy print (I bought it two weeks ago during a blizzard- I always by "happy" fabric when the weather is bad), but I really like it. This fabric was originally going to be my test run before cutting into either of the more expensive fabrics I purchased with this dress in mind. But after all the compliments we got at the park today (and watching how hard she played), I think I'll save the shirting and Liberty for another outfit. I think this style would be especially cute in a solid shirting with a "preppy stripe" ribbon for the tie.

5 comments:

lisa said...

Ob my heck! I want to make that dress today. Possibly in the gingham print they show on the website....

Marcie said...

Love it! Just because it gets used as a tissue doesn't mean it still can't look adorable.:) Love her.

Chris and Michelle said...

So DARLING! (& there is no such thing as an overuse of parentheses...or so is the rule on my blog anyways) :)

Megan said...

I know I say things like this a lot... but do they have that dress in a big girl pattern? That is darling. Too bad Miss A and I aren't the same size, I would have a rockin' wardrobe.

paige said...

CUTE!!! I love it:).