I know I said never again.....

yet here I am. Making another quiet book. I'm still optimistic. Only 8 more page "blocks" and some assembly left! Wish me luck.
*Added later* This is the pattern I am using. It's pretty good so far. The block designs are really cute, just super labor intensive. I don't plan on ever making another one ever again, which I have said before. It would be the perfect "block of the month" type project. I have plenty of fabric in my scrap bin, so it hasn't been too costly to put together (yet), but if you were buying all the fabrics and supplies without having any of them on hand it could easily cost a ton.
My only complaint (which is user error): I didn't understand how to center the block on the page (the instructions say to draw lines in 3 places and sew it on, which was great until I inserted the interfacing) and completely messed up the one pictured. I could fix it, but I'd have to figure out how to un-fuse Peltex and use a seam ripper. Not worth it. My kids won't even notice....

4 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

Good luck Hollie! It looks completely cute. How did you make the cover?

Alisha said...

That is cute, you should post photos of the rest of the pages. Do you sell them?! I would totally buy one!

Hollie said...

Stephanie, The cover is more or less two rectangles of fabric, with handles, and Peltex 72 (a heavy weight, double sided fusible, very stiff, interfacing) in between.
Alisha, I'll try to take more pictures when it's done, so check back in say, 7-8 years. ;)

MomMitchell said...

You are so amazing just to be able to even try something that detailed. Good luck and next time we're all together, bring it so I can see it finished. Good luck!!