So many dresses, so little time.


 Miss A may have too many dresses. She may not be able to ever wear all of them before she grows out of them. I'm addicted to making and buying them, it's so fun to put them on her and watch her twirl around. Lately she's been exclaiming,"So bootiful. Bootiful dress." My boys never get excited about their clothes.
This dress is another Oliver and S Bubble Dress. I love that the dress is fully lined, and I don't have to spend ant extra time finishing seams because they're all enclosed. Very important to me since my serger is in storage. It's made with "Bubble Gum Basics" by Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup for Henry Glass fabrics. A very cute line of fabrics, I may use this line to make Miss A a quilt for her big girl bed. But I have so many projects on the brain, I better hold off. I love that the red dots have a white ring around them. For the back closure I layered a 5/8" red button on top of a 3/4" white button to mimic the dots in the fabric. It looks super cute, you'll have to trust me because I can't get a good picture of it.

2 comments:

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

I love that dress! The blue and red is sooo cute! You are awesome! I hope that when I grow up I can sew like that :)

Alisha said...

LOVE this one! I really want to start making dresses after I look at your blog...