A Gift

To keep my spirits up, I made a dress for a friends daughter. I had really good intentions. I wanted to make something cheerful and summery.

Instead, because of my inability to think straight, I chose fabric that was more spastic than anything. Unfortunately, the loud fabric didn't begin to bother me until 3/4 through the sewing. I stuck with it, and hopefully my friend will still love me even though I made a severely obnoxious dress for her daughter. It's one of those, "it's the thought that counts, I don't really expect anyone to wear this" type of things. On the bright side, Walmart had a lot of really cute brightly colored sandals that would match. So maybe it was meant to be. And maybe my friend will still like it.

4 comments:

lisa said...

Sorry i've been such a poor commenter lately-I apologize! I love your attitude in your last post. You are an amazing person and those were some tough lessons. I would have slapped the lady on the plane. How's that for patience? I am so glad you found a house! No small task these days! And I love the bold print of the dress you made. Go bold or go home!

Amateur Steph said...

Spastic? No. Cute? Yes. Good luck with the house. I just googled Highland today for some research for a story I was writing. I had no idea where it was.

paige said...

Hollie, I love that pattern. I think it looks great! I'm the same way with florals. I always think it's too much, then I get it done and it's fine. BTW Congrats on the house! I knew you couldn't be homeless forever(but I bet it felt like it!). Take care! Paige

Megan said...

Am I the friend you made that dress for? For my hope chest?? Eh, eh (nudge, nudge)...

I'm excited that you guys found a house. I can't wait to see it!