Crayon Tote Bag


This tote bag seemed like such a cute idea. My mom told me about an apron that she remembered seeing when I was a kid with little pockets for crayons. She had good intentions to make one for one of us kids, but never got around to it. I think I get my love of fabric from her and my love of sewing from my Grandma. But that's an entirely different (and much more boring, if that's possible) post. I thought a tote bag would be so cute since Miss A likes bags better than aprons. I thought it would be so cute with a pad of paper and coloring book inside, and truly it was. But what was I thinking giving a 18 month old crayon portability? Seriously! Within nano seconds she had colored on every surface in the house. Luckily it all came off easily. The bag is now hidden and to be used only under the strictest of supervision.
Pattern: My own design
Fabric: Micheal Miller Carnival Bloom and Moda Deb Strain dot.
On to other randomness:
Saturday we had a family "Chinese Cultural Day" of sorts. It started out with lunch at PF Changs and a matinee of Kung Fu Panda (a must see for all Jack Black fans). The only difficulty was when the boys began practicing their newly found Kung Fu moves on each other on the way out of the theatre. Other than that minor set back, we all walked away with a better appreciation of American stereotypes about the Chinese.
The boys are taking swimming lessons and loving it. I'm loving that the weather is no longer in the 100's, it's cooled down to the 90's. It makes it so much easier to sit during lessons when I'm not melting in the heat. I do however think G is drinking more pool water than necessary, but his teacher and I haven't been able to convince him to close his mouth. Well, he is his mother's child!

1 comment:

lisa said...

Love the tote! My girls had the aprons you mentioned and they too colored on EVERYTHING they could. So--no more aprons or crayons for them! Lauren is 5 and still colors on everything. I feel bad for her Kindergarten teacher!!