More dresses

Summer is almost over. The stores are advertising "Back to School" supplies, and I'm just not ready to stop sewing summer clothes for Miss A. I could attempt to guess what size she'll wear next year, but I've failed miserably at it in the past and decided to live for today. Besides, her red polka dot sandals won't fit next summer (and I'll still trying to justify to myself the need for them). So the moral of this story: If you find cute shoes that may only match a few outfits you own, buy (or in this case, sew) more outfits to justify their purchase. Then you'll feel better about owning so many pairs of shoes while the rest of the country worries about the economy, gas prices and the pummeling housing market. Think about it as a way to stimulate the economy. I'm just doing my part.
Pattern: New Look 6796 (so far so good with the New Look patterns). It was simple, straight forward, and not too ill fitting. The doll's dress is my own design made to match the Miss A's dress. I love dolly/owner matching outfits! Miss A seemed to think it was pretty cool too. She kept pointing to her dress, then the doll's dress and giggling. So cute!
Fabric: Fabric Traditions from Joann. Yes, this is the second item of clothing made from lime green ladybug fabric, but if you look closely, the prints are different. Not that you can really tell. Maybe I just have a ladybug fixation?




4 comments:

Alisha said...

Cute dresses for a cute little girl! I have always envied your talent for sewing and crafts... you are amazing!

Chaleese said...

Oh my gosh, the twilight books are the best books! So you have read the first three then? You have to get the fourth one for sure, it really is awesome! I loved it, lot's of things happen in the book that you are not expecting! Mitch doesn't really say anything to me about it? He just knows I am obsessed with the books and Edward ha ha! He just laughs at me! So tell your husband that you need to read the book because it is awesome, and vampires are awesome too :)

Marcie said...

Hollie Kimber..... single handedly saving the world one cute dress at a time!:)

lisa said...

Will you take over Super Saturday for me and sew all my capes and nursing covers??? (I'm not really sewing any of them, but have to get most of them ready. yikes!) Plus--it's this Saturday. Yikes again!