Giving Credit where Credit is Due

I get really excited about the design process and love finding and putting together great fabrics (which is one explanation for my growing fabric and pattern stash). But then reality hits when the true source of my inspiration comes in the mail and reminds me I'm not a designer, but a design copier. This combo (wool, pattern and lining) was to be Miss A's winter coat. Maybe now I should change it up a bit? Make it less Boden-ish and make me feel like less of a rip off artist?
Rather than beat myself up for lack of original thought, I'm happy there are so many sources of inspiration. I should thank the growing number of catalogs in my mailbox for bringing these ideas forward from my subconscious. Now, if there were a way for all this inspiration to become reality.....

2 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

& reality it will become - I don't doubt that! Alright so I don't buy the rip off artist schpeel one bit. If you put the work into it and made it happen - it's YOURS! I could TRY to sew something but it would be a complete disaster no doubt because I just don't have the skills. You have TALENT Hollie! Own it girl! :)

Can't wait to see the coat! I'm still amazed that you can whip up such fabulous things... A coat?!

Rebecca said...

LOVE the pink!! I can't wait to see it done!! Maybe it will help me decide if I want to copy you and the other photo from the O&S flickr group. :)