New Outfit for the New Year

No New Year's celebration would be complete without a fancy new outfit, for Miss A at least. I plan on wearing old sweats and being in bed by 9:00 PM. No reason start the new year off tired!
Her top is an oliver + s pattern (love them!) made from pink Kona cotton and trimmed with a black with tiny white dots cotton. The neck ties look cuter untied, but I can't keep her from chewing on them unless tied in a bow. The pants are "britches and bloomers" made with black featherwale cord and trimmed with the same fabric as the top. I really am going to make something without polka dots, and in colors other than black and pink. But once I get something on the brain.....just like last summer's fruit theme.

5 comments:

paige said...

So cute Hollie! Your motivating me to sew...I've got so much fabric just waiting to be used!

Gentry said...

Oh, I just love her cutest face. She looks so grownup in that picture! And as always.......I love it Hollie!!

Amateur Steph said...

Once again, I am awed and inspired by your fabulous talent. So cute!

Megan said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture. I keep going to your blog to look at it when I get stressed at work.... she is just a doll. It makes me smile just to look at it.

Liesl Gibson said...

Hollie, lovely work. I really like the fabrics you select for your sewing. Thank you so much for your kind comment on the O+S website. I adore seeing the clothing you make with our patterns; it's the best part of my job to see finished garments! Cheers,
Liesl