More Clothes

I realize I should be working on Halloween costumes, but I just couldn't resist this cute combo. Once again, it's an Oliver and S pattern, the Sunday Brunch Jacket and A line Skirt. Of course, the pattern was a dream to work with. The skirt was so simple, and the pockets are so cute. I lenghtened the hem a bit because Miss A is so tall. The jacket is just adorable, and I hope to make a grey velveteen one for Christmas time. Or maybe a mustard yellow one. Hmm.. the possibilities are endless. The fabric for both is feather wale corduroy from Farmhouse Fabrics. They ship everything so quickly and it all comes tied together with the prettiest ribbon. She's a little wrinkled in the picture, but if she wasn't it just wouldn't be real to life. Just minutes after taking this picture she was digging in the newly rained on flower beds. Anyone have suggestions on getting mud out of "hand wash" only tights?

5 comments:

Liesl Gibson said...

Adorable!

Marcie said...

This is so cute, you are gonna give this to me if I ever have a girl right? I was expecting a Garrett's 6th bday party post, but maybe the memory is still to fresh:)

jenny said...

So I saw your blog on one of my friends so I had to check it out I am laughing my head off at the canning story because I just came home with a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes from my MILs house! with the hopes of doing my first canning of diced tomatoes alone! now I am afraid!! I am so impressed by the sewing! I just sold my machine on KSL because I had only looked at the box and never used it in the 4 years I owned it! one day when you are a designer I'll have to have you teach me!

Amateur Steph said...

That is adorable! Seriously I'm going to start gushing compliments because the jacket is my favorite. Oh yeah, how is that pink flamingo costume coming? :)

Megan said...

Oh my gosh! That is the cutest picture, cutest outfit, and cutest little girl! That made my day.... now I just miss your kids.
"Mustard yellow? For a little girl?" :)