Super Easy Project

Sorry for the bad picture. The photographer in our family is asleep. As is the model.
I know that those of you who don't sew hate reading my sewing posts. Or maybe just hate my posts in general. Don't worry I'm not offended.
Here is a super easy project that is so cute. You've read my posts about Oliver and S patterns right? Well, they have a freebie pattern available right now. Check out the flickr group for skirt sewing inspiration. This skirt is so simple, and the ribbon hem makes it adorable. IT REALLY IS SIMPLE! I'm not just saying this to sound cool. It took me all of 30 minutes to make. It would have taken less time if I hadn't twisted the elastic like crazy. Seriously, it's easy as the pillowcase you made in 7 th grade home ec. But maybe that brings back bad sewing memories? Sorry to anyone who had a bad home economics experience.
I might have Miss A be a witch for Halloween. I was thinking of making this skirt in a cute black with white polka dot fabric, hemmed with orange ribbon for the skirt and making some sort of cape. Or using some sort of Halloween fabric with spider webs or something. With a beauty pageant type sash that says, "Miss Halloween 2008." And striped tights of course. Or something like that. But then again, I'll probably change my mind between now and then.
Fabric: Pumpkins Gone Wild by Sandy Gervais for Moda. Ribbon Offray
Pattern: Lazy Days Skirt Pattern it's free!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Hey i'll take your word for it. My pillowcase was horriable!

lisa said...

Okay-can I 'borrow' your idea and use it for Lauren for Halloween? She wants to be a 'pretty' witch. Yuck. Halloween isn't for pretty--so thankfully I have Hailey, who wants to be a scary vampire. I LOVE your sewing posts-so keep it up!

Hollie said...

She'll make such a cute pretty witch!